Tuesday, June 27, 2006

stuff...

Well, today will probably be the 4th day in a row that it has hit 100+ degrees here. Yesterday and Sunday it was 111 in the parking lots...and 105 or so just in the yard. It's dry heat but that's still freakin' hot. I hope it goes back down in the 70s soon..

Mom and Dad arrive tomorrow night. I'm excited but also nervous as I really need to bring up some topics that aren't going to be all that comfortable..like my little brother's future....I am really nervous about that because I really want them to hear what I have to say and I don't want to mess it up by getting frustrated..

The Banfield interview went pretty well I thought. I liked the team alot and felt like they liked me - I was honest when I told them what I did and didn't know - they're working in a newer technology than I do right now...but I am really not sure if I'm ready to leave my current job. The interview was from 9 until almost 1:30 so that was long - and I was really tired yesterday.

Mina got sick while I was gone - thank goodness it was on the pergot flooring downstairs and not the carpet. Her tummy has been sick since 4:30 Monday morning, because on Sunday she ate some things out of her norm... We'll not do that ever again! Ben came home at lunch and cleaned it up since I was gone - bless his heart. Sick doggies, esp 85 pound sick doggies are no fun!

2 comments:

Jami said...

Amanda that is DANG hot, I hope it cools down for you. At least it is a dry heat. We haven't had to use the airconditioner but maybe 3 times so far this year. I am sorry to hear that Mina is not feeling well. Our cats are like family to us so I know Mina is to you also. Good luck with your parents are your brothers situation. Sending you hugs to get you thru.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Oh wow -I wish you a good conversation with your parents - that can be tough -mmmh? Also crossing my fingers that the interview made it!

Hey and about your Mina - cutie pie-give her a hug.

Hugs to you!